A base station must be in compliance with all local jurisdictional requirements. A base station must have at least one vehicle (owned or affiliated) and one driver.
Applicants must do the following:
- All principals owning 10 percent or more stock must be fingerprinted by the Westchester County Department of Public Safety at the time of application.
- Provide a list of all vehicles owned by the base station or affiliated with the base station, to be used for for-hire services, including make, model, year, plate number and vehicle identification number (VIN) for each vehicle.
- Provide the schedule of rates of fare charged by the base.
- Provide a list of all drivers who will be operating the for-hire vehicles along with their WCTLC driver's permit number.
- Provide three notarized character reference forms for the principal owner.
- Provide a surety bond in the amount of $5,000 to benefit Westchester County. This bond shall be for a minimum of a one year period and the effective dates shall run concurrently with the base station permit dates. Surety bonds may be obtained through a reputable insurance agency.
- A photocopy of the official filing receipt issued by NYS Department of State after the corporation filed its certificate of incorporation with NYS Department of State. (Corporations Only)
- Submit the application in person at WCTLC offices, Department of Public Safety, 112 East Post Road, White Plains, New York 10601.
- WCTLC must be notified of any addition or deletions of drivers and vehicles during the duration of the Base Station Permit.
Permit fee: $600 (Pay by certified check, company check or money order made payable to WCTLC.
Fingerprinting fee: $80 (pay by money order made payable to Westchester County.