In accordance with Chapter 270, For-Hire Vehicle Law, Sections (113) (114) and WCTLC Rules and Regulations, Sections (500.22) (500.24), Base station owners must comply with the following operational and record keeping procedures:
1. A base station owner is responsible for handling passenger complaints and securing and recording the following information:
- Date and time of call
- Name of person taking the complaint
- Name of person making the complaint
- General nature of complaint
- What action, if any, was taken to resolve the complaint
- Name of person resolving the complaint.
Complaints referred to the base station from the commission must be handled as follows:
- Base station owners must respond within 10 working days to the commission, in writing, regarding the satisfactory handling of any complaint.
- The base station owner will make reference to the case number assigned to the complaint by the commission.
2. Base station owners must provide WCTLC with documentation that the following records are safeguarded and maintained at the base station for a period of at least 12 months (including the records for all dba's):
Records of each call for a dispatch must be recorded as follows:
- Date and time that each call for a dispatch was received
- Location and destination of each passenger to be picked up
- WCTLC permit numbers of the drivers and vehicles dispatched
Records for affiliated vehicles must be maintained as follows:
- List of all current affiliated/owned vehicles
- Vehicle's owners name, mailing address, home phone number and license plate number
- Copy of WCPD Form 413 - Affiliation Letter
- Name of vehicle's insurance carrier and policy number
- Date of inspection of each vehicle and outcome of each inspection (performed at least bi-weekly) by driver and/or owner
Records for affiliated drivers must be maintained as follows:
- List of all current affiliated drivers
- Driver's name, mailing address and home phone number
- WCTLC permit number
3. Base station owners must provide drivers with documentation that workers' compensation benefits have ceased as follows:
- Upon filing with the Workers' Compensation Board to end the disbursement of benefits for a driver upon recovery and readiness to work, a base station owner must provide the driver with the documentation that benefits have ceased.
- The driver must bring this documentation to the WCTLC in order for the commission to return the driver's permit.
4. Base station owners must file a schedule of rates of fare on an annual basis with the commission, or whenever there is a material change in rate of fare charged by the base station.
5. Base station owners must supply the commission with current lists and WCTLC permit numbers of drivers and vehicles affiliated with and working for the base station.
- Base station owners are required to supply a current list of drivers and vehicles affiliated with the base station during the application process
- Base station owners must notify the commission when a driver or for-hire vehicle is no longer affiliated with and working for the base station.
6. The base station owner is responsible for ensuring that the WCTLC base station permit is prominently displayed in the base station.
7. The base station owner is responsible for ensuring that an operable land line telephone is maintained at the base station.
8. The base station owner is responsible for providing a mechanism at the base station for transmitting trip request information to affiliated drivers.